Have you ever heard of the Blessed Virgin Mary’s 15 promises of the Holy Rosary? Many Catholics don’t know about them and for lots of them The Rosary seems like a monotonous prayer. However, anyone who starts to pray the rosary can expect a lot of change in their life. Learn the 15 promises Our Lady made to everyone who recites the rosary and history behind it.
Blessed Alan de la Roche received the following 15 promises of the Holy Rosary from Our Lady for those who faithfully pray the Rosary:
15 Promises of the Holy Rosary
- Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.
- I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
- The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
- The Rosary will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire for eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
- The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
- Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
- Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
- Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
- I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
- The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
- You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
- All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
- I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
- All who recite the Rosary are my sons and daughters, and brothers and sisters of my only Son Jesus Christ.
- Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.
The Origin of the 15 Promises of the Holy Rosary
The father of the Rosary is called Saint Dominic, founder of the Order of Preachers. However, it is Bl. Alan de Rupe (also
called Alan de la Roche, Dominican, lived from 1428 to 1475) who established present shape of the rosary, with the number of 150 Hailings divided into decades, each preceded by the Lord’s Prayer.
In 1464, Virgin Mary appeared to him, instructing to propagate The Rosary and found Rosary Brotherhoods. She also gave him 15 promises to those who would pray The Rosary.
The Rosary is a beautiful prayer during which we meditate on events in the lives of Jesus and Mary. Its purpose is to bring us closer to Jesus, Our Lord and Savior. The Rosary has been called “The Gospel of Jesus Christ on a string of beads.”
Wisdom of St. Padre Pio
“Love the Madonna and pray the Rosary, for her Rosary is the weapon against the evils of the world today. All graces given by God pass through the Blessed Mother”